1. Collecting personal information
WhizMeeting collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- From you directly, when you provide information on your contact details, date of birth, how you will pay for the product or service and your bank details, by phone or in application forms, or when you submit your personal details through our web sites
- From third parties such as credit reporting agencies or your representatives
- From publicly available sources of information
2. Your personal information may be used to:
Verify your identity
Help subscribe to WhizMeeting services
Send you invoices for the WhizMeeting service you have used
Provide the services you require
Manage and administer those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts contact you in any way (including mail, e-mail, phone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us.
Inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved
Check credit-worthiness and fraud, hence using related agencies
To provide secure Services to you.
Understand your information and communication needs so Global can provide you with better service
Maintain and upgrade WhizMeeting Services infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems to provide better features.
2.1 In addition, WhizMeeting may disclose your personal information to:
Credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing)
WhizMeeting’s professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers
Government and regulatory authorities and other organizations, as required or authorized by law; and
Organizations who manage WhizMeetings's business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of its assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables)
Your authorized representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so)
2.2 We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and e-mails) for quality assurance and compliance.
3. Protecting information
We have strict security measures to protect personal information. This includes following certain procedures (for example, checking your identity when you phone us) and encoding data on our websites.
4. WhizMeeting's Website
- When you first give us personal information through our website or if you communicate with us using the internet, we may occasionally e-mail you about our services and products. But we will give you the choice as to whether or not you would like us to contact you via e-mail. You can always send us e-mail at the address below, at any time if you change your mind.
- Please note that the nature of the Internet may cause your communications to go through a number of countries before they are delivered. Also, please note that communications over the Internet, such as e-mails and web mails (messages sent through a website), are not protected unless they have been encrypted. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorized access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
- On our website, 'cookies' are generally used to study how people use our site. A cookie is information that is stored on your computer's hard drive which records how you have used a website. It helps us improve and upgrade our website based on our potential/customers’ requirements. This means that when you go back to our website, it can give you customized options based on the information it has stored about your last visit. You can generally modify the settings of your browser to prevent it from accepting cookies.
A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings. That can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you. Cookies play an important role. Without them, using the web would be a much more frustrating experience.